Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

desires of your heart

Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. ~ Psalms 37:4,5

When I think of all the things God has given me, I can only come up with one word...undeserving. I'm not just talking about things you want or dream of...I'm talking true desires...things your heart longs for. . Sometimes the desire in your heart is so intense for something that you forget to delight yourself in the Lord and commit your life completely to Him.

One of the first things that I ever longed for and prayed for was to be Jacob's wife. We were blessed enough to meet each other at a very young age and I also knew at a young age that he was the man God had chosen for me. I knew that if I delighted myself in the Lord...with Jacob as my husband...it would eventually lead to another thing I longed for. Children...who had an amazing father...who loved them with all his heart and would NEVER walk off and leave them. I am thankful for my dad, but not in a way you would think. I'm not thankful for who he has been in my life, but the person he has helped me to become in his absence. Most people who have grown up without an earthly father probably wouldn't see their life the way I see mine. It is only because of my Heavenly Father that I can love Jacob...unconditionally...with my whole heart. 

I love the way Jacob loves our children. He's patient...he's tender...he's affectionate. 
This picture makes my heart feel super happy!!!


I am thankful for the precious little princess in this picture. Jacob says every time he looks at her...he sees his Mama. She reminds me of Debbie in a lot of ways. I hope she has her fire and her ability to love with everything she's got. 

Ok...it's definitely clear! I prayed for a little Jacob...again...He answered my prayers. God is so good!!!

Maybe one day I will be blessed with another desire of my heart...to live on a farm. We'll see...

1 comment:

TAMI said...

So Thankful you are sooo Happy!! YOU DESERVE IT ALL!! You have always been an amazing... awesome....little girl and now a grown Momma and wife....God is faithful and answered my prayers...You have a wonderful Daddy for your babies and a ..... handsome....exciting....funny..loving...compassionate dedicated to his family.....just wing it kind of Man to spend the rest of your life with...THANK YOU JESUS!!
SOOOOO Happy MY little Aimee Dee is SOOOOO HAPPY!!