Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

what life is ALL about...


We will seek and worship the Lord our God
Great is the Lord and worthy of praise...one generation will commend His works to another; they will tell of his mighty acts. Psalm 145:3-4


We will make our family a priority
Seek first God's will in our family and the other things will come as He desires. Mathew 6:33


We will speak to one another with kindness and love
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a kindly word spoken. Proverbs 29:11


We will worship the Lord together and keep the Sabbath day holy
O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God...Psalm 95:6-7


We will honor each member of this family as God's special gift
Live in harmony with one another; love, be sympathetic, compassionate and humble...bless one another so that you will be blessed. 1Peter 3:8-9


We will encourage each other with words, attitudes and actions
...be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32


We will be faithful to the ideals and values of our family
Two are better than one...if one falls down, the other can help him up. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10,12 


We will not take joy from one another
Above all things put on love, which holds everything together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:13


We will speak the truth in love
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14


We will be grateful and content with the blessings God has bestowed on our family
Learn to get along happily whether you have much or little...for we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Philippians 4:11,13

Lord, teach me always to appreciate the precious gift of being part of a family.
Show me new ways to protect and comfort those closest to me and let me...each day...do something that will say, "I love you" without speaking the words...but also remind me to say it often.
 Please help me when needed to turn away without delay...you have to forgive to be forgiven.
Let me see you within every person of my own family as well as everyone else.
Thank you Jesus for your ultimate blessing!
Thank you for my precious family!!!

1 comment:

TAMI said...

Words.....what do they mean anyway....especially when trying to find the right ones....so...I will just type....what my first thought was when seeing and reading your new blog post...which is usually all I can say anyway....THANK YOU JESUS....I GIVE YOU ALL THE GLORY!!! This Momma and Gramee sure is THANKFUL!!