Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

a true princess...

What do you think of or who do you picture in your mind when you hear the word princess? When I was a little girl I probably would have pictured "Cinderella", "Belle" or maybe "Sleeping Beauty"...but today it's a little different. Aren't all of us girls princesses?

prin-cess (noun) 'prin-,ses
1.  archaic; a woman having sovereign power
2.  a female of a royal family
3.  the consort of a prince

Today when I hear the word princess I automatically think of Esther. She was known for not only her outward beauty, but also her inward beauty. Esther was a person of faith, goodness, devotion and courage. She built upon these characteristics combining with them a sense of watchfulness. Her grace and her beauty gave her favor amongst all that she came in contact with. She was a peasant who became a princess by going against the culture and seeking a king's heart rather than the riches of his kingdom. In my opinion we are all princesses...not because we look like one...act like one or demand to be treated like one, but because we belong to Him. I can only pray that my little princess will see herself as He does...that she will be like Easther and not be afraid to go against the world to show everyone that she belongs to the King. I pray that she will not be defined by what she looks like or what she has...that she will not allow herself to be defined by her trials and tribulations but have the passion inside herself to show people who He has made her to be. 

(if you have never seen the movie, "One Night with the King"...please watch it!)

My Princess Warrior,

What you may see as broken inside yourself, I see as beautiful. I am the one who has made beautiful things out of broken hearts.I am the same God who took a brokenhearted orphan named Esther and turned her into a Queen who saved My people. Just as I used Esther's pain for my purpose, I will not waist a single tear you have shed, My Love.


I can and will use whatever is broken in your life for My glory and My love and mercy will shine brightest in those broken places. Please believe that I will not only use what is broken, I will rebuild you to become even better and more beautiful than you could ever imagine.

Love,
Your King, who sees your true beauty
(His Princess Ministries www.hisprincess.com)

Speaking of princesses...

Got some pics to share of two little ones in my life. I am so thankful that Greenlee has some amazing girls by her side. Everyone of her cousins (Livi, Lilee, Rilynn and Charlee) all have amazing qualities and special things about them that I know she will look up to. These pictures are of a photoshoot Greens had with her look-a-like big cuz Liv...or should I say look-A LOT- alike. Everyone including me thinks that Greenlee looks just like Alivia...I just love seeing them two together!





Greens is growing unbelievably fast!!! She just started crawling and pulling up a few weeks ago and I swear she is going to take off walking any day. I think she sees her big brother and big cousins running around and can't wait to catch up!









1 comment:

Aunt Melody said...

Beautiful girls! Great pictures!