Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Saturday, August 13, 2011

today just siblings...tomorrow so much more


When you're little...you know you love your brother or sister...you know that sometimes when you look at them you get this warm and fuzzy feeling inside...but you have no idea what they will truly mean to you one day. All you can think about is...she stole my favorite toy!...he ate the last cookie!!...or she's touching me!!! One day you'll realize that their meaning is much more then that...everything you have in a best friend...times one hundred. Someone you can be yourself around...someone you can tell anything and be comfortable knowing that they won't judge you or look down on you. It's a relationship that is t-totally from the Good Lord above.




I've done posts about my children...husband...mother...etc., but I wanted to take the time to tell my two sisters how much I love them and appreciate who they are in my life!



Now I know why...
you gave your last cookie away or helped me clean my room all day.
Now I know why...
you let me use your stereo or why you saved me the middle of your Oreo.
Now I know why...
you always tried to be there when I really needed you there to care...you were always willing to share.

Because love makes a friend be a friend like you...love takes a friendship and turns it into something to last...your whole life through.
LOVE makes a friend be a friend like you!!!

1 comment:

TAMI said...

WOW....You are gifted with expressing yourself in words just like your big sissy...That made me cry and took me back to when Katie went to sing that song for the Mother's Day banquet in Charleston at a church when she was 10 and you guys were 5. I still have so clear in my mind....Her singing and looking at her twin sisters...and then...her twin sisters singing with her...No moment greater in my life other than when my girls were born...Priceless and I will NEVER forget it!!! Awesome post and Thank you for sharing it....Means the world to your Momma!! love you...oh and by the way...YOUR ANGELS...jus keep getting prettier and prettier....!!