Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the heart of a child...

You've just survived...another chaotic day. Totally exhausted...you FINALLY sit down on the couch for some quiet time, although, your mind feels like it's going to explode. All the things that still need done...piles of laundry...dishes in the sink...bills that need paid. Right now...life is anything but simple.

As you start to slightly doze off...you hear the squeak in the steps...then you feel the cushions beside you sink softly under delicate weight. Slightly annoyed...you have to build up the strength to open your eyes and look down. There's a little person...sitting there...staring back at you. His simplicity is desired. 

I wish I could see things the way children do. Simple. Peaceful. Humble. They don't judge...they don't see fault. They love unconditionally and their forgiveness is undeserving. To me there is nothing more precious then a child. 

I pray that God will change my heart to be childlike. To live a simple life...to not find fault in people...to truly forgive people who have hurt me deeply. To have a humble dependence...depending on Him to come through for me without even realizing it. It's crazy how a child depends completely on the parents for their every need, but that's just how God intended it because that's what he longs for us to do. 

Have you ever noticed how children pick up little things from everyone that is a part of their lives? I want to have a teachable heart. Someone that can see strengths in everyone they come in contact with and learn from them in some way. I pray that God will help me see the good in people. Relationships are so much more enjoyable if you focus on what you can do for the other person and how you can be a positive influence on them instead of what they are doing or not doing for you. Lord please don't ever let this slip my mind.

I am so thankful for all the children in my life. They are each so precious and special in their own little way.

Easy...enjoying an Oreo...one of the simple pleasures of life 

I love to watch this little guy...he makes me smile...he has such an amazing little spirit 

ok...at least three of them are looking at the camera 

 


not as successful this time...only one looking at the camera 

I can't wait to show E and Cha Cha this picture when they grow up. Not sure why...but in the midst of the chaos of trying to get all the kids to cooperate...E decides to lay a big one on his cuz. Thank goodness my camera was already in my hands!!! 


...just love those little teefers! 



I don't know about you but I think I can see heaven in these eyes...gorgeous! 



G is always looking for some action and is on the move. It's so cute the way she follows the big kids...she just knows she deserves to be right in the middle of them.

No comments: