Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Sunday, February 13, 2011

When God Writes Your Love Story...

When you know Jesus Christ, the Great Author of Romance, the tender hand of heaven takes you by the heart and trains you to love as the Great Lover himself. He trains you to be patient and pure. He trains you to be tender and true. With Jesus at the center of your life, you not only gain blissful hope for the here and now, but unquenchable excitement for eternity before you.

My Husband
One of the biggest blessings...one of the reasons I wake up in the morning and definitely one of the biggest reasons for the light...the laughter and the happiness in my life! I know many people would probably not believe me when I say this, but I knew in the 4th grade when I met Jake that I was going to marry him. To me he was perfect. Even at that young age he was the boy all the guys wanted to be friends with and the boy all the girls wanted to date. I'd have to say that 4th and 5th grade is a little young to be so crazy about a boy and when I look back I say to myself, "What in the world did my Mom think of all this?" No joke...I got into pretty heated fights with three of my best friends and even my twin sister over this boy lol.

In all seriousness, it is the most amazing feeling in the whole world to know that God is writing your love story and that you are with your soul mate. I didn't realize until we got older...things got serious and we actually started to go through some of life's challenges...that I was truly...placed by God... in this mans life for a reason. I can not imagine my life's partner being anyone else but Jake.

Jacob,
Because of you my life is complete! I have everything I have ever wanted and dreamed of. Thank you for being who you are and most of all for giving me my precious babies. Our little Easy is a very special little boy, but do you know why everyone is so crazy about him?...because he is just like you. You are an amazing man and someone that I couldn't live without. I think I know you pretty well...better than you know me...until...you start mocking me (which cracks me up by the way because you sound just like me lol) or even finish my sentences (which kind of frightens me a little). You have seen my best and you have definitely seen the worst of me and you love me anyways. I will continue to do my best to be who God has called me to be...your rock...your encouragement...and your hearts protection. I am human so there has been and will be more times that I disappoint you, but please remember that I will always be here for you...I will never leave your side...and I will always love you with every part of me. I love you!!!


These pictures are from last summer, but I had to post them because they are so us...





Please take the time to listen to this song...it is exactly how I feel...

I give God all the praise and all the glory for blessing my life in this way, but there are a couple people that had a big hand in making and molding the perfect husband for me...the perfect father for my children...and my best friend. I am forever indebted and grateful to these two people. Because of their love...their commitment and their loyalty towards each other...I have a husband that I know will fight for me and no matter what...will never leave my side.

Randy and Debbie...Thank You...Thank You...Thank You!!!



I want to talk about one more thing before I quit. I believe V-day is not only a day to celebrate the love of your significant other, but anyone who has showed you love or taught you something about love. I am thankful that I know the greatest love of all...the love of Jesus...and I think my mom for that. I also believe that the love of a mother is the second best kind of love. I really don't have the words to describe my mothers heart. All I know is that every day of my life...I have watched her trying to be more and more like Jesus Christ. This women lives for everyone else and has never worried about herself. She is humble...she has the most tender heart... the most gentle love and I know without a shadow of a doubt that she would lay down her life for not only me but my entire family. Thank you Mom for teaching me how to love and for loving me, Jake and my babies! I hope that one day people see Jesus' love in me the way I see it in you!


Ok Ok...one more thing I promise. When I think about love I couldn't go without mentioning this man. He is someone that I have spent many nights in my bed crying out to God and praying for. I am sad to say that my mom has not had it so easy in finding true love. Even though she has had broken relationships in the past...I believe that God definitely has his hand on her life and everything that he has allowed her to go through and everything he has helped her overcome has made her who she is today.

Ed McNeil is an amazing man who I am so thankful that God placed in our lives. Don't let him fool you! Yes, he's like 7 feet tall (exaggerating)...has a deep manly voice and looks rough and tough...Oh but believe you me...has one of the biggest most tender loving hearts I have ever seen in a man. You can see and feel the love of Jesus when your around him. Ed, there are people in this life that take you for granted, but I want you to know that you are the best Dad I have ever had and I am forever grateful for your love for my mother and me and my family!


1 comment:

"Katie" said...

Those are the most beautiful words...and so so true.