Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Thursday, December 29, 2011

ready for a New Year!

Christmas Eve breakfast at The Colleges





Christmas Eve at Gramee and Papa's


2nd Christmas Eve at The Meeks'




Christmas morning at home...












This past year has brought on some heart ache...some disappointments and discouragements.
It has brought on some battling in my mind and testing of my faith. God has shown me things that...I hope...has helped me become a better person. He has taught me more about...TRUE love...TRUE forgiveness and TRUE thankfulness. I am thankful that...only because of my Lord...I have persevered...WE have persevered! My prayer for this next year is to trust more in what my God can do and what I now know he can bring us through.  

This past year has also brought along one of the biggest blessings in my life. Before she was born I could have NEVER even dreamed of how much I would love her. Greenlee is so different from E in so many ways. She is VERY independent...extremely determined and funny when she's not even trying to be. On the other hand she is easy going and calm like our little Easy. She's my girl and I can't imagine life without her!

Only God knows what this next year holds for us, but I am going to do what I can...what I know I have to do...because He promises me He will take care of the rest. I also pray that I won't forget everything he has taught me in 2011.

love the lyrics in this song called, Dirty Dishes. I challenge everyone this coming year...including myself...to try to find happiness and thankfulness in things that would normally stress you out or upset you. I am thankful that I don't live a perfect or fairy tale life...that I live a real life!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


I am starting a new blog for the new year and the Perdue's aren't really that new anymore. It is under construction at the moment, but please go here to see my next post.

www.all4himblog.blogspot.com 

No comments: