Pics above - compliments of Aunt Joanie's Christmas decor
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colassians 3:12-14

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

freedom from fear...




Fear comes from Satan!!! Fear and the presence of the Lord cannot accompany the same space. Not sure if very many kids do, but when I was a little girl I feared a lot. Satan still fights me today with it. I don't really remember having bad dreams when I was little but I do remember worrying about my Mom so much that I didn't even want to leave her to go to school. Now...I'm talking elementary school age. I remember it storming during the school day and all I could think about was if my Mom was OK. The biggest fight I have right now is in my dreams...that's when Satan really tries to get a hold of me. I NEVER repeat...talk about...or tell anyone about my nightmares because that would help Satan take authority over my mind and life and that's NOT going to happen. I am so thankful that I know how to plead the blood over my family and friends...over my mind and my life! Sometimes when I wake up and don't know what to pray all I have to say is Jesus and I instantly feel His peace. ALWAYS speak your prayers out loud...especially when it comes to fear!

Unfortunately, my little angel boy is already being fought. It makes me so sad but so angry at the same time. Now I not only have to pray for myself when it comes to fear but also my little E. He is a very sensitive little boy. He started watching movies when he was about a year and a half. He couldn't watch a sad part in a movie without crying. Don't really know how many 1 year olds would pay that close attention or understand what is going on enough to cry while watching a Disney movie. I have tried to explain to him that the things in the movies aren't real, but he's too little to completely comprehend that.  I am pretty much at the point now where I hesitate to even let him watch movies. 
Once Daddy leaves for work and it's time to go to bed he won't even let me walk upstairs to lay Greenlee down without going with me. If I happen to head upstairs without saying something to him first he screams and cries. I try to reassure him that I'm not going to leave him and that I'm just going upstairs to lay sissy down. He will say, "Mommy, E just worries about you." For the past few months about an hour or so after I lay him down...he will wake up screaming and crying and it's very hard to get him calmed down. 

I am so thankful again for the book I mentioned a few posts back "The Power of a Praying Parent." There is a chapter in there called Enjoying Freedom From Fear. This is what it says...
Fear is something that comes upon us the moment we don't believe that God is able to keep us, or all we care about, safe. FEAR - or false Evidence Appearing Real - easily strikes children because they can't always discern what's real and what isn't. Our comfort, reassurance, and love can help them; but praying, speaking the Word of God in faith, and praising God for His love and power, can free them.
Parents have the authority and power through Jesus Christ to resist that spirit of fear on their child's behalf. Fear doesn't have power over them. We have power over it. Jesus gave us authority over all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19). If fear persists after you have prayed, ask two or more strong believers to pray with you. Where two or three are gathered together in the name of the Lord, He is there in the midst of them (Matthew 18:20).

If you have a moment...can you please repeat this prayer out loud for my little angel boy?

Lord,
      Your Word says, "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Psalm 34:4). I seek You this day, believing that You hear me, and I pray that You will deliver Easton from any fear that threatens to overtake him. You said You have "not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7). Flood him with Your love and wash away all fear and doubt. Give him a sense of Your loving presence that far outweighs any fear that would threaten to overtake him.  Help him to rely on Your power in such a manner that it establishes strong confidence and faith in You. Give him a mind so sound that he can recognize any false evidence the devil presents to him and identify it as having no basis in reality.
      Wherever there is real danger or good reason to fear, give him wisdom, protect him, and draw him close to you. Help him not to deny his fears, but take them to you in prayer and seek deliverance from them. I pray that as he draws close to You, Your love will penetrate his life and crowd out all fear. Plant your word in his heart. Let faith take root in his mind and soul as he grows in Your word.
      Thank You, Lord, for Your promise to deliver us from all our fears. In Jesus' name I pray for freedom from fear on behalf of Easton this day. Amen.













2 comments:

TAMI said...

Gramee prayed that precious prayer for our Angel boy...Satan KNOWS all about the HUGE calling on Easton's life and how GOD our FATHER is going to use Easton for HIS kingdom so....Satan is going to fight tooth and nail to take the focus off of Easton's calling and try to demolish it with fear.....
NOT GONNA HAPPEN cause Easton Jacob Elijah Perdue has a PRAYING Momma, Daddy, Gramee and family...and His MawMaw Debbie is in Heaven making sure the Angels protect her little Jacob from any harm....So Satan....Your under our feet...NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST EASTON WILL PROSPER!! I PLEAD THE BLOOD OF JESUS OVER EASTON FROM HIS HEAD TO THE SOUL'S OF HIS FEET...IN JESUS NAME!!!

Ashley Harrison said...

Aunt Ashley will be praying every day for sweet little E. He's so very special! Satan never fights anyone who isn't a threat to him. The devil can't see our future, so even as little as he is, he must already be doing great things for God's kingdom! I plead the blood of Jesus over his precious mind!

Your post came at the right time for me, I battle the same thing...fear, nightmares, worry...but God is so much bigger than all of that! I love 1 Peter 5:6-7 that says "In His good time He will lift you up. Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you."

I am SO blessed to have such an awesome woman of God as my best friend! I love you so much!You're gonna write a book someday!;)